- I found out for myself that it’s difficult to write every day
- I took book The Artist Way, by Julia Cameron with Mark Bryan out of the shelf where it was sitting for past 2 years.
- I eventually opened the book I was suggested to read 2 months back and read – The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss.
What these two have in common; they both say it’s OK to do what you want and it’s OK to write want comes in mind; in fact per Julia Cameron this will help to become a better writer.
- Julia Cameron starts her book with: “I’m a writer-director and I teach these creative workshops.”
- Timothy Ferris (have not read whole book yet, just started.) If you want to live your dreams now, and not in 20 or 30 years, I heard this book can teach it.
- I came to realization that I need help.
- I am open to ideas, opinions, books which would help me to works less and to earn more, have a lifestyle of millionaire without being one!
I said 30 days challenge by writing blog every day, but I did not keep my word and skipped two days!
(I did not say 30 consecutive days though)
I feel tired and overwork!
Day 3, reflections of yesterday November 18th
- It was an easy day
- Delivered 3 reports
- I got paid
- Did a lot of running around
- Software did not crash on me Had quite time in my office by myself Clear Capital emailed and asked to indicate which comparables have well/septic system since the subject is served by well/septic. I thought to myself – if this is the only request they have, I must have done something very well.
- Ken came later and helped me with proofreading dairy – DAY 2
- Report came back for revision
- Comment was missing, something small and stupid which must be there to start with.
- Is this because I am bad a reviewer ?
- Is this that I rely a lot (more than I should ) on the ones who do the work?
- Is this because I am a bad manager?
- Not explain well enough?
- Is this because I do not have written guidelines?
- Is this because I must write out a plan of action for everybody to follow?
- Is this because everybody burned out with the work amount we do?
Trying to figure this thing out load…
DAY 2 -REFLECTIONS OF MONDAY NOVEMBER 17TH
Well, it was one of those days…raining cats and dogs, dark and cold outside. good thing my office was warm. Everybody showed up for work, even Bonnie drove from Hamden CT. Office was busy and it felt good. It was so busy that at some point I had to leave just to have room.
Not sure where to start.
Proteck emailed for revision. Comment which I was sure should have been there they were swearing was not there. I did this repot 5 days back and in my mind it was done and over. It took me some time to open it, remember that day office was very busy… so once I opened it I sew they were right ( as much as it’s hard to admit, that AMC may be right once in a while) comment was not there! But I knew I wrote it, since I had draft version of it in my word documents. So what happened while converting file to MISMO file comment got wiped out from report. I though OK, as much as I hate going back to reports for revisions, I thought this is not a big deal… however …… how little did I know!
I added the comment in again, I was going through the report again, once more to double check that everything else was there, all of the sadden to my total horror, I saw photos were gone, 12 pages of photo addendum which were there when I unsigned report, were all gone! …and there was no autosave file again. I called WCA with the slight hope that they might locate file, but they could not find my photo pages. It was raining cats and dogs, I was sitting at the computer putting back photos when Monica returned from lunch break.
As she sat at another station, she announced : “there are no comments on this machine .” As a matter of fact there were no comments on any of the machines. We decided to reboot the server and all machines, but we forgot that Maria, our bookkeeper was also working off of the server in the other room, when we rebooted the machines, Maria was almost crying with the fear of the fact that she might just lost all her work.
Nothing helped. Monica decided to call WCA, I had to leave.
DAY 1-REFLECTIONS ON THE DAY BEFORE TODAY – THE SUNDAY
Firs time in past 8 weeks that I did not work a full day on Sunday.
I did some work in the morning and I did some work at night, but in the middle of the day I took off for few hours. We went in New York City and walked the campus of Colombia University, did a walk along the Hudson River in River Bank Park. After we had a bite in local creperie café. I love the energy of university campuses. Feels different and so energized.
We returned home and I went in my office to do some work with the idea to put myself ahead of tomorrows’ reports deliveries.
I was appraising a typical ranch from 50s. Typical size, bedroom bath count. What was atypical about this ranch it was where this ranch was situated – on the border of two towns– Norwalk and New Canaan, being legally in Norwalk. So that immediate streets were in New Canaan, sleepy rich town with the homes values in high millions. Same typical ranches are 2-3 times higher in value in New Canaan than in Norwalk. I had to put extra research, analyses to deliver the value.
I worked about 90 minutes on my report, I have moved comps around, and I adjusted and re-adjusted over and over again. I forgot to mention that it was a purchase. Several times while working I had a thought: save all, go out to get washing detergent, but no I kept working.
At the moment I thought- I am done, value is here, I heard a clicking sound, circuit breaker popped out and the computer shut down. I lost all work, its 8:30 pm. WCA software is acting up recently, and their “the latest and the greatest” updates do not deliver what is promised. THERE IS NO AUTOSAVED version of my report. In short, I had to re-enter all over again, all comps. I had to adjust again, move them around, and readjust again. I am still working on this report tonight, with a little bit more familiarity of where I am going with it now.
For the next 30 days I have decided to keep a log of my appraisal
work day. Something like a dairy.
I will be keeping a log of the good things that happened that day and will log what bad
things happened that day.
After 30 days I will compare what the good and bad things were. How many good things and
bad things happened during this 30 day period of time? I will notice whether
there are repetitious good and bad occurrences; if so I will take notice of
what they are and I will question why they occurred.
Hopefully, I can go on and do a quarter of the year as a next step.
My objective with this is to help with the growth and development of my business.
I argue YOU too to join me, partner with me in this endeavor. At the end of the
month we can compare all “good” and all “bad” which happened, brainstorm
together on how to eliminate the “bad” and have better “good” for the rest of
our business careers and lives.
Is it possible? Is it viable? I do not know, but I would like to try.
…and yes, I will be one day behind, so that the day should have passed, in
order to evaluate the particulars my business day.
Follow my blog to cheer up! Life is easier when one has a partner.